Thursday, April 17, 2008

Chapter 17: Children's Literature, Briefly

I have always felt that motivating students to read will be a hard task when I become a teacher. I know that it is something obviously that I need to do; however, I know that I may not be able to reach every child in becoming a life-long reader. In my opinion, reading starts at the home which can affect a student for a life time. I think children now a days are so preoccupied with video games and technology at home that they are starting to gradually like reading less and less. My goal as a teacher is to implement these ideas discussed in this chapter into my classroom so that I can do my best in creating life-long readers. I need to know each of my students in my class so I know what books will keep them engaged and what books will not. The last thing I want to do is turn my students off from exploring the wonderful world of books.

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Sadle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

No comments: