Thursday, March 27, 2008

Craft Lesson 7: Stuart's Cape

Discussion:
I would like to teach my students that just because something is old or rugged does not mean there is no use for it (just like the trashman and Stuart thought in this book). Something great can come out of anything even what someone thinks is junk!! Also, I think this will get my students to use their imaginations.

How To Teach It:
To teach this lesson I would collect things from a pawn shop or old objects from my apartment/house. I would have each student choose some of these "scraps" and ask them to design something out of these objects. To make it related to language arts, I would have them get up in front of the class and present their objects. They can talk about why they picked the objects they did and why they decided to make the objects they did. This will spark many children's imaginations and maybe they will see stuff around their house or at stores differently because of this book and activity.

No comments: