Saturday, March 8, 2008

Craft Lesson 6: Sidewalk Circus

Discussion:
I think it is important for children to use their imaginations so I also think it is important for children to exercise their imaginations.

How To Teach It:
I would try to get a book for each child in the class. Together, we would flip through the pages and talk about what is happening within the story. After reading, I would take the students outside and ask them to find a comfortable place where they could see birds, people, children, and houses. I would then ask them to make their own picture story about what they see, just like the book, Sidewalk Circus. I would remind them to use their imaginations. I would provide them with paper so they could draw their story. If some then want to write after they draw what they see then they can do that; I know children learn in different ways.

2 comments:

Lacee E. Jones said...

I really like that idea! Good Job!

Denisse said...

Great idea!