Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Buzz

I really enjoyed the illustrations in this book; I would think the pictures would draw children into reading this book and liking it. The pictures really did reinforce the text. Also, I think it is important that younger children see pictures to match with words to eventually expand their vocabulary. What I found to be interesting was the idea that the book started with a bee and ended with a bee. I was not sure when or how the story was going to end, but because of the connection between the beginning and the end, it ended very nicely. Overall, I would think my students would enjoy this book.
Wong, Janet S. Buzz. Illus. Margaret Chodos-Irvine. San Diego CA: Voyager Books/Harcourt, Inc., 2000.

1 comment:

Jessica Howard said...

I thought you made a really good point in class, about the girl who reads to you by looking at the pictures. I think that storytelling and being able to understand the artwork is also an important part of reading because it helps us to connect with what is going on in the book.