Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chapter 18: Children's Literature, Briefly

In this chapter, I really found figure 18-1 to be interesting. I really liked the extension activities that could be used with children's books. I feel like I could really apply these activities in my classroom. I liked the activity on cutting out words from newspapers and magazines for a word collage which gives a feeling for the book. Minn and Jake would be a perfect book for this particular activity, because there are so many feelings and emotions throughout the book. Then, we could extend the lesson to talk about feelings and emotions, and how they affect our family, friends, and ourselves.

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Sadle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

1 comment:

Jessica Howard said...

I also really liked that chart! I always had fun when we got to do the non-traditional book report in class... especially when we got to make our own book covers. (im an art junkie!)