Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chapter 11: Children's Literature, Briefly

While I was reading this chapter, I kept thinking about these group of boys that I use to watch at an after school daycare program. These boys use to talk about magic tricks and would always ask me questions about mysteries and magic. This one little boy read fiction mystery books ALL the time. He seemed like he knew about everything that was not reality (he probably knew facts about things too; he was so smart). Anyways, my point is, I really do think children at the elementary level love the kind of fiction with mysteries and characters with supernatural power. I will definently be sure to include these kind of books in my classroom library.

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Sadle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

No comments: