Monday, February 18, 2008

Chapter 12: Children's Literature, Briefly

I am glad other children feel the same way I did at one time when in History class. I remember thinking that it was so boring because it was a bunch of facts and dates. The things I remember that were fun about history were activities that my teacher let us do like interviews with people of history, in which we would all dress up as a character in history and would be interviewed by the "audience". The book also mentions this in its' section titled "The Historical Period Should Come to Life". Getting the students involved in history is the key, not memorizing facts and dates. Also, I believe a big part of history is letting children know that they will be part of it one day.

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Sadle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

No comments: